CT Crew Gamming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CT Crew Gamming

Gamming: A social visit or friendly interchange, especially between whalers or seafarers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EDH Group Ban List

Go down 
+3
dark lord zorc
Thayli
Tsu Kiyo Me
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:07 am

Current list of things that are banned in our play group.

If you feel something should be added or come off, just post about it below so we can discuss it.

Last edited by Tsu Kiyo Me on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thayli
First Administrator
First Administrator
Thayli

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Andrew would hate on ruination. Though I think it's kind of a reason to play mono-red. I think bribery is okay as long as we leave it limited to one.
Back to top Go down
https://cgccg.forumotion.net
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Thayli wrote:
Andrew would hate on ruination. Though I think it's kind of a reason to play mono-red. I think bribery is okay as long as we leave it limited to one.
I hated on Ruination.

Reason: I can just play it in Jhoira on turn 3 or 4 and just set you all back 2 or 3 turns and proceed to just insta-win off of my suspended Win Con.
Back to top Go down
dark lord zorc
Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
dark lord zorc

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 pm

i dont think ruination should be banned
Back to top Go down
Deets
Endless Sorcerer
Endless Sorcerer
Deets

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Ruination = Tears of a Kardis
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 am

Just to reiterate cause people seem to keep thinking this is some kind of final list:

This list is just what I put down from my own decks + the standard ban list.

I'm looking to either add more or remove some of it. Just let's come to a group consensus and discuss it.

We probably won't even be getting together to play EDH until the holidays anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 am

I believe this was what Andrew was trying to tell me about yesterday on the phone:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/26898_21-Cards-Your-Games-Might-Be-Better-Without.html

While I don't agree with all of it he makes some good points.

Looking at it, I don't see how we let Mindslaver through considering the only times it has EVER been used, the player just recurs it and locks the other player. I had it happen to me at Otakon so it wasn't like it hasn't happened recently either.

The other cards on his list I'm inclined to agree with are Iona, Myojin of Night's Reach, and Vicious Shadows. All 3 of them just scream "Holy shit this is super unfun to play against/I bring the game to a grinding halt until you answer this (if you even can)."
Back to top Go down
Thayli
First Administrator
First Administrator
Thayli

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 pm

I just wanna say that the first part of that article was awful. Some of his calls were good, but mainly stuff I already knew about like vorenclex. (who I would strongly be in favor of banning) Also mindslaver for that matter needs to go. Palinchrons probably another good possibility for teh bans.
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am

Thayli wrote:
I just wanna say that the first part of that article was awful. Some of his calls were good, but mainly stuff I already knew about like vorenclex. (who I would strongly be in favor of banning) Also mindslaver for that matter needs to go. Palinchrons probably another good possibility for teh bans.
Already voted on Mindslaver yesterday. I was the only one against it and everyone wanted to leave it in.

Of the 4 cards I mentioned, only Iona will be banned (which only hurts me but I'm ok with this. We play P. Mimic now cause he's a P. Good card and does stuff I guess.)
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Final Wish
Final Wish
Shino'sDad

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 pm

I would to keep Mindslaver in, only because every time Nick uses it, it's really retarded or really funny.
Back to top Go down
Deets
Endless Sorcerer
Endless Sorcerer
Deets

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Mindslaver isn't remotely broken. Really easy to stop. I'd still be in favor of taking off Bribery.
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Jonin
Jonin
Tsu Kiyo Me

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am

Oloro.

Not cause he's broken. In fact, he's not even that good.

I'm just tired of all of you mother fuckers playing him.
Back to top Go down
Thayli
First Administrator
First Administrator
Thayli

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Tsu Kiyo Me wrote:
Oloro.

Yeah it feels like everyone plays that dude
Back to top Go down
whitefang of konoha
Mariner
Mariner
whitefang of konoha

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Lets not ban oloro, its not like hes hard to deal with, (erebos cough, cough) and im not building another deck.
Back to top Go down
dark lord zorc
Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
dark lord zorc

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm

One of the reasons s I wanted to play erebos as my general. But I'm going back to trostani so you petty life gain doesn't matter to me much any moreover
Back to top Go down
whitefang of konoha
Mariner
Mariner
whitefang of konoha

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 pm

I play him for draw mostly, the life gain is nice too tho. I just dont understand the complaining.
Back to top Go down
Aces
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Aces

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Thayli wrote:
Tsu Kiyo Me wrote:
Oloro.

Yeah it feels like everyone plays that dude

Only Andrew and Mark play Oloro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EDH Group Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDH Group Ban List   EDH Group Ban List Empty

Back to top Go down

EDH Group Ban List
Page 1 of 1